UCAS is the system used to apply to all United Kingdom universities. Unlike other countries where you apply to schools individually, you will send in one application and then they will send it to the schools of your choice.

How it works

Make an account at https://www.ucas.com/. You will be asked to add personal details, contact and residency, education (qualifications and periods of study,) employment, nationality details, supporting information, English language skills and finance and funding. As wells as your personal statement and references.

Courses and Apprenticeships

If you are not interested in working towards a degree, you could apply for apprenticeships. These programs will teach you and give you a salary. https://careerfinder.ucas.com/


Clearing is how universities and colleges fill any places they still have available in their courses. 

From 5 July – 18 October, you can apply for a course using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college, and the course still has places.

You can use Clearing if:

  • you’re applying after 30 June
  • you didn’t receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
  • you didn’t meet the conditions of your offers
  • you’ve paid the multiple choice application fee of £26.50
  • you’ve declined your firm place using the ‘decline my place’ button in your application

For more information on how to apply check the website: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing

How do I open a UK Student bank account? – By UCAS

Once you receive your application, they create your personal status codes and email them to you. These codes allow a number of banks to confirm your eligibility for their student accounts. 

Once your place at uni or college is confirmed, it’s really important to remember to take your codes with you when you go to open a student account. This will speed up the whole process, by allowing the bank or building society to quickly confirm your status as a future student.

The exact documents required may vary from bank to bank, so look on their website or read anything you have been sent before you visit the branch to open the account.

However, normally you will need the following paperwork and its worth taking duplicate copies.

  • Your passport
  • Your student visa (OT nationals do not need a visa)
  • Proof of address. A letter from your university’s admissions office confirming your address, or tenancy agreement are the best things to take.
  • A letter from your university/college/school called ‘Letter of Introduction for UK Banking Facilities’ to show your UK study details.

This information is the same if you wanted sign up for a basic bank account.

Check out this link for more advice. https://www.ucas.com/connect/videos?v=/opening-uk-bank-account

Other features:

To find accommodations. https://accommodation.ucas.com/

Help with your personal statement. https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/writing-personal-statement/how-write-personal-statement

Click the link below for more helpful advice. They recently updated the website so it is very user friendly and has lots of information https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-to-university

Good luck!